Powered by Blogger.
RSS

fall 2011: go BOLD!

fall 2011: go BOLD!


Today i begin my journey into Fall fashion - the best fashion season! I remember being a child, and the ONLY thing great about going 'back to school' was: back to school shopping!
There are SO many great trends this year that I can't wait to talk about, but I decided to start with one of my favorites: bold, graphic, statement making prints!

polka-dots were huge all over the fall fashion runway. Do it the 'realway' with the dress above - or go even more minimalist with a small-dotted polka dot blouse. I've loved this trend since I was 5 (seriously) and I'm so glad to see it's back in a big way this season!
animal print has been a big trend for several seasons now, and it's still very much alive now. The key this season is to do it in more ladylike styles - example, the dress shown above. That dress would look so cute with black tights and knee boots! If you aren't interested in wearing that much animal print, stick to accessories, like an animal print bag or scarf.
Tribal prints, plaid, and graphic shapes were all over the runways of everyone from Diane Von Furstenburg to Michael Kors to Tory Burch! The key to not look too "clown-ish" is to stick to one graphic piece and keep the rest simple. I love the plaid skirt, shown above..it would look great with a tucked in, simple cream blouse or dressed down with a buttoned up chambray shirt and fedora! (both still very on trend...lucky me!) The black and cream tribal-inspired blouse above would look great with another fall must-have: cargo chinos!
finally, big bold accessories make their way back this season. Add interest to a simple dress with a bold necklace (i love doing this..great conversation starter too!), or invest in one great graphic-printed leather handbag and wear it with everything! Don't be afraid to mix patterns - as long as they don't clash, and you think they look good...do it! This is also a big trend for fall. 
I have several other blogs planned to continue my fall 2011 fashion review. Can't wait to share them all with you!

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

1 comments:

Jasandra said...

LOVE IT <3

Post a Comment