Powered by Blogger.
RSS

Friday Faves!

I have been lazy on the blogs lately, but woke up this morning super excited and full of ideas. I'll probably blog all weekend! :) For now, though, I wanted to share with you some of my current favorite things! (I love reading other people's blogs to learn what they love, so I hope you do too!) *Happy Friday!*






Revlon 'Brow Fantasy' in dark blonde
eyebrows. I never used to give them much thought - get them waxed, use some clear mascara to keep them "in place" all day, pluck the occasional hair. BUT that all changed recently. I'm obsessed! Your eyebrows really do frame your eyes, which is the first thing people see when they look at your beautiful face! I'm working on changing my brow shape, which can take awhile - but worth it! If you're unsure how your eyebrows should look to get maximum gorgeousness to frame your face, check out this article I found helpful: Elle Magazine: get your best brows! 
I'm also loving Revlon's "brow fantasy" - a brow pencil on one end, and brow gel on the other! 2 very easy steps to great looking eyebrows. Just don't get it in a too-dark-for-you shade: go one shade lighter than you THINK you need! ($8, drugstores)

Bath & Body Works 'wallflowers' they smell absolutely amazing! there's nothing better than walking into a fabulous smelling house, and these never disappoint. I have two in my condo at the moment, and i've loved all the scents i've used, but my favorite is Japanese Cherry Blossom - OMG delish! (bonus: the super-fun new diffuser thingies!) ;) ($6-20, B&BW)






rosebud salve: [apple] Rosebud Salve has long been a favorite among celebs. It's formula has been around since the 1800's, and claims to be good for everything from chapped lips to blemishes to burns! I think it does the best job of keeping my lips hydrated, soft, and moisturized, and I've tried EVERY lip balm you can imagine..so that's saying something! Last time I went to pick some up I noticed "flavors" - so I picked up the apple. Every time I open the tin I get compliments on the yummy scent! I could not live without this little wonder! 



braids: if you've seen me in person recently, I'm probably wearing some version of a braid. I am LOVING that these are on trend right now, and I hope they stay awhile! I recently learned how to do a fishtail braid (find out how using this video i found on youtube - VERY helpful!): how to: make a fishtail braid! But you don't have to be a braiding master at ALL to get this trendy look! Regular, tiny braids look so fresh! I love braiding my side-bang to the side, in one big or two little braids! It follows the very-now Bohemian look, which I love. which brings me to my next favorite: piling on the jewelry! mixing metals, expensive & cheap, beaded and metallic..anything goes! 








my curly hair: I have naturally curly hair, which I feel like I've been fighting with my entire life. Recently (maybe because I'm getting older? haha) I've learned to fully embrace how special and "unique" my hair texture is. No, it's definitely not perfect, and we still have our "fights"...but with the right products I've noticed I wake up more excited to do my hair. I still love it straight, but it's A LOT of work, and in the summer falls flat and frizzy within minutes. I've found a great line by "Got2B" - their "kinky" products are fabulous and I've gotten lots more compliments on my curls recently. The important thing is to work WITH your hair, not against it!








oh wait..this isn't food! ;)
cooking. I have fallen totally in love with cooking at home! I love to re-create my boyfriend and my favorite restaurant meals, or create our favorites from scratch! It's actually a lot of fun to do and more special than just going out for every meal. I look forward to it and don't even mind the cleanup! (that's what dishwashers are for..hello!) And, as much as i love "themes"...I plan on doing that a lot! [Mexican fiesta, anyone!?] ;)














Lauren Conrad: total girl-crush. I am in L.O.V.E with her style. It's so 'effortlessly cool' and girly, but modern and chic at the same time. Plus she seems to genuinely love fashion and beauty. Oh and yes...I've loved her since the 'Laguna Beach' days. Definitely my favorite 'fashion inspiration'!!
PS* her book Style is wonderful and timeless - the tips & tricks she has in that book will be useful no matter what year we're in!


just a few things i think are great!
have a wonderful day! 


  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment