Powered by Blogger.
RSS

ice cream chic!

When I was young I always wanted to wear white from head to toe - specifically in the summer. I remember being in the dressing room at Dillards with (what I thought at the time) was an amazing pair of disco-like white flares and a white and silver sweater (Stayin' Alive, anyone?!) and begging my mom to buy it for me to wear on the first day of school. I'll never forget she called me "the ice cream man". She never stifled my creativity and usually let me wear what I wanted. So the first day of 5th grade was spent in my white flares and white sweater with silver thread. ;)

This summer, all white is well, white-hot! The key is to keep it preppy with classic shapes and not too-tight fits, and alter the hue with at least one piece in the outfit. White makes your tan look tanner and your skin look even glowy-er than usual! Here's a couple of examples on how to rock all white this summer!










Start with a pair of classic white shorts. Add a flowy white top, layered under an open-weave waffle cardi. Add linen wedges (and maybe a fedora?!) ;)
[shorts, $17.60]
[white tank, $20]
[waffle weave cardigan, $27]
[wedges, $29.50]
[all from Old Navy]


alternate top: i LOVE this taupe color - still counts in the white family! layer it over a white scoopneck burnout tank!


[taupe open-weave sweater, Forever XXI]


great date look:


throw this blazer on over the dress: 


add these, and you're ready for a white-hot night out!

[cream color lace dress, Forever XXI]
[white blazer, Forever XXI]
[SCHERFF platforms, Aldo]


As always, hope you guys liked the looks! 

Thanks for reading! 
xoxo b



  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment