Powered by Blogger.
RSS

current obsessions!

Quick blog post about some fashion & beauty things I'm absolutely loving right now! Enjoy! :)






Wet 'N Wild eyeshadow trio in 'Walking on Eggshells' 


Versatile, pigmented, everyday, gorgeous! Just some of the great things you could say about this eyeshadow trio. It was my first experience with Wet 'N Wild shadow, and another assumption about a product based only on pricepoint..(it's only $2.99 at Walgreens!) 


The compact comes with 3 shadows, featured as "browbone, crease, and eyelid". Pay no attention to these titles. ;) In my opinion, the white-ish (top) shade is too shimmery for your brow bone, and the other 2 shades can easily be used differently than what they advertise. But I can see how for someone who needs help with shadow would find it helpful, so..moving on! ;)


I have played with this trio a LOT, and my favorite look is as follows: put the vanilla shade on your inner corner and bottom 1/2 of your lid with a small shader brush. Then take a larger, flat eyeshadow brush (or even the spongey-applicator it comes with!) and pack the pinky-nudeish color onto the rest of the lid, lightly blending the vanilla shadow and the pinky shadow together where they meet (so no harsh lines.). Then take a crease brush (any fatter, rounded tip brush) and add the brown onto your crease and blend it out from the outer corner of your crease to the middle -- don't go too far in or it'll look harsh. I then take another brow highlight color (anything lighter than your skin color and not too shimmery) right underneath the brow bone. 


swatches of shadows :)
Then just line your waterline/tightline with a dark brown/black liner, add mascara and you're done!


Tip: for a smokier look, I pack the brown color on the outer third of my lid, then add a brown shadow a shade darker over it, and blend it out.


















Sonia Kashuk 'Blending Sponge'


If you follow a lot of what's going on in the beauty world, you know about the Beauty Blender sponge. It's hot pink, sold at Sephora or online, and it's THIRTY DOLLARS. For a sponge! Makeup artists and beauty guru's alike swear by it's usefullness and say it's worth the money, but for me, I cannot justify spending $30 on a sponge you can use for a few weeks (months at best) and toss. 


But at Target last month I spotted this blue beauty: the Sonia Kashuk version of the Beauty Blender, the "blending sponge". I can best describe it as a firm sponge, not particularly absorbent. It also has a little bit of a "tire" smell. You know what I mean. haha. I'm not sure why the smell, but this little sponge does some serious work. The best way I've found to use it: wet the sponge and squeeze it until no more water comes out. It will be just a little damp. Put some liquid foundation on the back of your hand and dip your blending sponge into it on the fat side. Apply all over your face in a stippling motion. When you get to smaller areas you'd like to cover, like the sides of your nose or under your eyes, dip foundation with the smaller, pointed side of the sponge. It can transform even the cheapest foundation and gives you a truly airbrushed-like look. The best way to use it is to gradually build up coverage: by using it wet it's going on more sheer, thus more natural looking. It also seems to "seep into" your skin better than your fingers, a brush, or a disposable makeup sponge. For $9.99, it's a price you won't have a heart attack about, and I also won't cry in a month or two when I have to replace it. 


Tip: to clean sponge (I do after about 3 uses), use a VERY SMALL amount of baby shampoo. Non irritating to your face, and does the job!




Mossimo (oversized) denim button down!


I have been wearing this all over the place. I bought mine in a size larger than I'd normally wear; I wanted the casual, relaxed, "i'm not trying to look cute" look. ;) I have worn it over a floral sundress to "toughen" it up, over a white boyfriend-tank with black pants, and over a silky, ruffled blouse with a skirt at work. Roll the sleeves up, keep them down, pop the collar (i know) add a fedora (you all know how i love the fedora) It's so versatile and cute, and I've seen lots of them at the mall for way more. (this one was $19.99). 








As always, thanks for reading! (: 

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment