Powered by Blogger.
RSS

trend alert: what decade are we in?!

I remember wearing my denim jumper in 5th grade sooo often it was crazy. I loved that thing! And it was great because it was so versatile..like wearing jeans but trendier and great for warmer weather!


And i'm sure everyone reading this had their moment with 'jelly shoes'. I'm sure I had some, but I specifically remember my older sister wearing her O.U.T...they were ALL the rage!


[side note: anyone remember "snap bracelets"!? Those things hurt...but i loved them! haha!]


Back to the topic at hand, if you are into fashion and have looked at designer's spring/summer collections for this year, denim romper's/dresses and jelly sandals have made their comeback in a huge (and super cute!) way. Here's my opinion on how you can do it for less! (i'm all about saving some mooolah!)


bloomingdales.com and nordstrom.com have a wide range of denim dresses..the only problem is, the cheapest one I found was $300! It was really cute...but for a lot less, check out [and pick up!] some of these REALLY adorable dupes!


 'i heart ronson' for JC Penney denim dress, $40, JC Penney stores


Everything about this dress is fresh and in fashion! I love the zipper pocket detailing on the chest, and the tie at the waist is ultra-flattering and also chic! You can roll the sleeves down, or roll them up and button them as shown here. Paired with a simple necklace and a really cute pair of gladiator sandals or jellies (see below!), this look is so effortlessly cute! 






Hailey Jeans Co. pleated denim dress, $39.99, Target.com


A lot different than dupe #1, this can be dressed up or dressed down. Dress it up with a statement necklace (just make sure it doesn't interrupt the great pleating detail at the neckline!), fab hair & makeup, and fun heels. Or easily dress it down by throwing a t-shirt scarf (another one of Spring/Summer's hottest trends) around your neck and some cute embellished sandals! (or really cute flats!) 








now, the jelly shoes trend. Gone are the early 90's where jellies were for little kids and looked like ballet flats made out of goo. They're fresh and super fashion forward for us! I found some Marc Jacobs jellies online (pictured right), but the price is a bit too steep for me. Plus, I found some really adorable dupes!






Dexter "Port Jelly" Sandal, $16.99, Payless stores and online (online deal! only $9.99 right now!)
I love these! I thought they only made them in red, but went online to find all kinds of fun summery colors! I recommend at this price to pick up more than one pair! I have a feeling they'd be a staple of your hot-weather wardrobe! Bonus: i love the stripes! Definitely coensides with the 'nautical' trend going on right now! 


(shown left in yellow. also comes in navy, clear, red, and black!) 










Old Navy 'chain link' jelly sandals, $19.50, Old Navy stores (not available online-bummer!)
Like the ones from Payless, these come in a wide variety of colors and are SUPER cute. They're a little more outfit-specific and trendy (in my opinion), but again..for under $20 you can afford to wear them for the summer and then donate them :) I love the T-strap and the details on top - very cute to show off pedicured toes! My favorite are the blue, shown right! (but i also LOVE the pink!) 








As usual, how much you paid does not equal how on trend and H-O-T you look! (; 


xoxo!

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

2 comments:

Damara said...

I have a black one piece romper and I just bought those red jelly wedges that I think are fabulous but may in fact be to over the top. I am loving the throwback!

blair.moore said...

i've gotta see those shoes! Love it! ;)

Post a Comment