Powered by Blogger.
RSS

friday faves!

Friday Faves 7/29/11


purple liner: makes green eyes look greener, and blue eyes look bluer! Plus, it's a great alternative to the usual black or brown. Just make sure it's a deep, rich purple! (good buy: E.L.F shadow and liner stick in plum/purple, $3, eyeslipsface.com

feather extensions (in funky colors!): i was hesitant about these, the very idea scared me. BUT, if you know me you know i change up my hair ALL the time (literally every appointment, my stylist loves me...never get in a rut! haha) So i gave these a shot. I was planning on getting a shade that would easily "disappear" into my hair, but fell in love with an electric blue/turquoise combination and had to have it. It's far enough back and behind other hair (near my ear) that i can easily hide it for work (if necessary), but also very easy to show off. The best part: there's NO damage done to your hair, you can wash it, blow it dry, flat iron it, or even curl it! I plan on keeping mine until my next appointment...just in time for fall...and probably my next hair color. ;)

'drybars': I've heard about salons that only offer styling services in big cities and metro areas. Needless to say, i don't have any where i live. BUT, there's a great one in Tampa called Blowbar. (check out their website, and even make an appointment, here!) The moment i walked in, i was in love. this place is SO me! Everything in the room is black, white, or pink. It's trendy, chic, and cool, but the stylists working there seem down to earth, friendly, and super talented! i got my hair done for a party and was blown away (no pun intended) at the results...using NOTHING but a hairbrush, some hair products, and a blow dryer! My hair is very curly, and for that to be done in 45 minutes using just those products, i was amazed. And hooked. at $25-40, it's not cheap...but great for big nights out when you want to look fab but don't feel like doing your own hair. (my hair would never look that good if i did it myself..lol). Also great to do for a fun night out with girlfriends...make that part of your girls night!

maxi dresses: i think of them as fabulous versions of pajamas. They are SO comfortable, SO forgiving, and flattering...throw one on to go out shopping or to lunch, or to work, if dress code allows! I'm all for "fashion over comfort", but sometimes...you just want to be comfy. THIS is a great way to do it!

stud earrings: trust me, these are the new chandelier earrings. so many styles and stones and price points...thank Princess Kate. SO preppy chic! :)

glittery flats: Tom's Shoes made them popular, (and i highly recommend them: buy a pair and they match it by buying a pair for a child in need!) but everyone from Target to Payless and high end brands are making glittery flats! So cute with dark denim and a graphic tee or you can dress them up with a blouse!

blue nails: the pool blue hue i'm currently wearing is one of my favorites! I'd never worn bright blue-ish turquoise nails before, but i'm obsessed! (my shade: Sally Hansen X-treme wear in 'blue me away') it's bright, fun, and surprisingly chic!

lastly, my Friday fave is love. Not just romantic love, but love in general. It's amazing the power of love and how good it can make you feel. Why do you think that 'Free Hugs' movement became so popular?! Being nice makes you feel good...and what better way to be nice than to show love to the ones you care for! It can uplift you on your darkest days, and when you feel good on the inside...you look good on the outside! :)

have a great weekend lovelies!




  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment