Powered by Blogger.
RSS

Looking the part!

fall fashion at the office

As most of you probably know, I was offered a really (REALLY!) great job and will be moving to Tampa in a few weeks to begin an entirely new journey. I'm excited, overwhelmed, and a little sad all at the same time. BUT one thing I can't wait to (over) prepare for!? Shopping for a new wardrobe!

The office I'm currently employed at is "business casual" ..which loosely translates (in this office, at least) to "whatever you want within reason..no jeans, no shorts, and no flip flops". The new position, however, is a promotion with a higher title AND a higher dress code. I am to dress as a "business professional".

Sure, I have plenty of trousers and a few blazers...and a lot of dresses...but none I feel really fit the "business professional" description. I want to (literally) dress to impress! And honestly, Tampa may not be NYC but it's a LOT more chic than the current city I live in, and I want to do my part to add to the chic-ness!

Above I've created a couple of examples of how I'd like to dress for my new life. I could have gone on and on for days..I have lots of ideas! I decided to showcase some of my favorite trends, like color blocking, rich colors, and bold prints. I could see how it would be quite easy to get in a fashion 'rut' with the "business professional" standard. But I refuse to let that happen!

How do you dress for the office? What are your favorite pieces to wear to work?

As always, thanks for reading!
xoxo :)

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I wish I got the "color-blocking" trend but I can't seem to "click" with it. Ugh. I wish my workplace was more fashion-forward but the women there are like the ones you used to work with...no shorts or flip-flops but anything else goes. One woman comes to work in capris and sneakers with wet hair every day. I would be too ashamed to come to work like that.

Post a Comment