Powered by Blogger.
RSS

over packer

over packer

I don't know about you, but when I think of what to pack when going on a trip, my mind races. I ask questions like "where will i be going, what will i be doing, what do i HAVE to have?!" Unfortunately, the answers to my questions usually end with me stuffing that last V-neck tee in, or bringing 3 scarves when the temperature won't be below 80. Because i just "never know" what i'll need, or worse yet...what i'll "feel like" wearing.

I've often searched for remedies of my OPS (over-packing-syndrome), but always end up reverting back to bringing 10 outfits for a 2 night trip. Until one day I saw my friend Chrissy (check out her blog: Chronicles of Chrissy)! tweet a picture before a cruise she took. 
The picture (right), shows how Chrissy avoids what I do for EVERY trip I take: overpacking! It details each day she'll be away, and what outfits she will need for both day and night. Including accessories! 
If you know Chrissy, you know she's a total fashionista. So if SHE can do this successfully, everyone can! 


This idea works because not only are you eliminating clothes you won't even have TIME to wear, but you also don't waste time packing things you don't need, or taking time in the morning to find something to wear. You can remain organized and chic!
Some other good travel tips I've picked up include bringing pieces that can do double duty: there's no reason to bring 5 different pairs of jeans when you only plan on wearing them for an hour at a time. Bring your favorite dark pair, and a light/distressed pair. Jeans take up major space in suitcases, and weigh a lot! Ask yourself what other outfits could be worn with said piece: if whatever it is only works for one thing, it might not be worthy of the trip! Shoes, purses, and other accessories also take up a lot of room. Bring some classic jewelry and maybe a trendy piece or two, that can be worn both day and night!
As I write this, I'm packing for a trip happening tomorrow, and I have another coming in September. Hopefully, I can start taking my own advice. Otherwise, you can expect me to be the crazy girl with the huge suitcases (plural!) slugging down the airport terminal......for a 2 day trip. 
as always, thanks for reading! 
xoxo!

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment