Powered by Blogger.
RSS

dupe-tastic!

Everyone wants to look their best. Not everyone is willing to go broke doing it. Through my obsessive compulsiveness, I've found quite a few great drugstore dupes for popular department store makeup products, as well as some amazing drugstore makeup I wanted to share!


left: Viva Glam Gaga I - right: Rimmel lipstick in Pink Blush
*amazing dupe alert!* Viva Glam Gaga I lipstick by MAC came out about 6 months ago and sold out everywhere immediately. All the proceeds went to Aids research, which is amazing...but it was a Limited Edition product they don't make anymore. And I was clamoring for it. Through my hours and hours of reading fashion blogs and watching beauty-guru videos, I found this UH-MAZING dupe for it. It's by Rimmel London...it's sold everywhere from Walgreens, Ulta, Target, and even WalMart! [and at only $6, it's a must have!]








the NARS splurge. the blush is a tad bit  darker.
*amazing dupe #2!* Bronzer is a spring and summer staple no matter where you live. But if you're like  me, when Spring rolls around you crave that sunkissed glow more than ever! Nars "Laguna" bronzer is a staple with makeup artists for it's amazing pigmentation and ability for buildable coverage without ever looking muddy or dirty on your face. Also, it works with just about every skin tone!
For cheeks, Nars blushes have a cult following with makeup artists and celebrities. Their pigmented and gorgeous. Nars released a Laguna bronzer/Orgasm blush duo last year which is absolutely amazing. 
even the packaging is similar! 


The only problem is the price! LUCKILY, for all my fellow fashionistas-who-would-rather-eat-all-week, there is a dupe. An AMAZING, THREE DOLLAR dupe! Introduce yourself to E.L.F. (Eyes, Lips, Face) Their makeup is sold at most Target stores as well as online (eyeslipsface.com) The best part? Their makeup ranges in price, starting at only $1 (no i didn't miss any numbers there!) to on average $5. Another amazing feature of this makeup: everything from it's packaging to it's pigmentation is amazing! 


I picked up the Nars Laguna/Orgasm dupe, called simply bronzed/blushed at Target, and it has become an everyday product in my makeup routine. The bronzer is not overly shimmery and natural looking even when I'm at my fairest, and the blush will perk you up and make you look gorgeous no matter how much (or little!) sleep you got the night before. (more on blush and how much i heart it next..) 


Nars "Desire" blush
Finally, for this edition of 'dupe-tastic'; as promised, blush. Another E.L.F. blush, actually. i believe blush is along the same lines as mascara in a beauty routine: just a little bit on the apples of your cheeks can change your entire look..for the better! I love Nars Orgasm blush, it was expensive and I use it sparingly but I love the look of it. I was at Sephora a few months ago and noticed a new one I "had to have" - Nars Desire. 


E.L.F. Studio Blush in Pink Passion
It looks NEON pink in the pan, but on your cheeks it gives an amazing, healthy glow and reeeeally perks you up. The Sephora employee tried it on my cheeks and I was in love - but passed. $27 is a LOT of money, even for me. Not two weeks later while at Target I was checking out the E.L.F. products...and stumbled upon ELF blush in Pink Passion. Best part: it was $3. And it lasts all day..gorgeously! 




I plan on doing this often, I am obsessed with finding great dupes for more expensive products. Even if I was willing to spend the $$ for the more expensive brand, why would I? I have hockey/baseball games to attend...And clothes to buy! ;) 

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment