Powered by Blogger.
RSS

the nail file 5.15.11 - the Ombre trend

If you subscribed to my blog last week, you saw my previous post featuring my inspiring nail polish, Milani Jewel FX in 'gold'. [pictured right->>] 


Unfortunately, blogger decided to crash after that (it couldn't handle my awesomeness? haha) and it was deleted. 


I usually change my nail polish once a week, if not more. I used to go to the salon and get my nails done professionally, until I realized how much money I was throwing away and ultimately I liked what I did even more than what they did. It's easy to change your whole look with your nails - from the always in style french manicure (a favorite of mine, so preppy and fresh!) to this crazy gold glitter. I decided I liked doing my nails (and changing them up!) so much, I'd make it a weekly addition to my blog.

my Fashion Week inspiration.
This week, my inspiration was something that was seen all over the runway during Fashion Week in NYC a couple of months ago, and on the finger tips of my fave celebs, including Lauren Conrad. The look, pictured here, is "Ombre". A french term meaning 'shaded'. 


I love OPI nail lacquer and have a ton of it to choose from, but I didn't have any in the same shades as one another, and really wanted to duplicate the Fashion Week look. I headed to Wal-Mart where I found "Pure Ice" nail polishes, for only $2 each! They have a full range of colors from neons to nudes, and it was there I found, and picked up, four blue shades in the same color family. For my 5th finger I decided to use an OPI polish I already had. Picture of polishes used to the right. 


*Colors pictured above, from Left to Right: Pure Ice in All Night Long, Pure Ice polish in Celestial, Pure Ice polish in Splash, Pure Ice polish in A-list, and OPI nail lacquer in TimeLess is More*


I knew I didn't want to spend $9 a piece for 4 OPI polishes that are presently on trend but not classic colors I'd find myself reaching for. I am SO pleasantly surprised with the quality of these $2 Wal Mart polishes..I'm seriously considering heading back to the store I despise just to buy some other colors! You can afford to be on trend and experiment with your nails when the polish is that cheap! (just use a good base/top coat!)






here is the finished product! 
I love it!
Next week....who knows! :)



  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

2 comments:

Raider of Tombs said...

Adorable! This week my nails are an amazing PINK.. yes that's right - PINK w/ the "Milani Jewel FX in 'gold'" over them! They look super cute! :D

Oh and I have about four (or five) Pure Ice nail polishes... they are workable. =) Not as great as OPI, but you're right - at $9 a piece... we have to be "money conscious now"! ;)

Great blog Lovey!!

xoxo

Damara said...

This looks amazing! I may do this in pink!

Post a Comment