Powered by Blogger.
RSS

on trend, on the cheap! *my top 5 Spring Trends...for less!*

If you're anything like me, every time you step foot in a mall or click on a website, you want what they have. They seduce you with their "New Arrivals" and they're "must-haves!" In my 'former' life I spent money like it grew on trees. But these days, I'm trying to be smarter with my money and what I spend it on. So here's a list of my favorite Spring trends. The BEST part: they're cheap..(or FREE!)


Spring Trend #1 - florals. Floral patterns are EVERYWHERE this Spring, and why not? They're fun, flirty, and so gorgeous! Even better, since they're a HUGE trend this season, they're all over the place! I found adorable dresses at Forever 21 and (more unexpectedly) JC Penney for a good deal. But my favorite is pictured here, only $24.99 from Target! I picked this one up, as well as another pattern. I plan on going back for the others too! So cute! 


Spring Trend #2 - destructed denim. As "stylish" as I always try to be, I'm generally a "jeans and t-shirt" girl. After all, I'm also sports-obsessed, and it drives me insane when I see girls at sporting events in mini skirts and stilettos! (; I am ob-sessed with jeans. And right now there's nothing cuter than denim with rips, shreds, and holes! Whether denim shorts, bermuda's, or jeans, paired with a simple white burnout v-neck tee and cute shoes you're good to go, and cute for whatever your plans are! fashionista-on-a-budget tip: make some yourself! here's how: take a pair of jeans or shorts, take scissors and make slits over knee area, underneath pockets, and wherever else you'd like. Then take sand paper (a nail file works too!) and rub it on the area you cut, to fray it. Afterwards, wash your new spring trend with fabric softener once or twice to soften them and make them "aged". You only want to do this with 100% cotton denim, no stretch - it won't turn out. 

my "steal" bag! (:
the ridiculous splurge
Spring Trend #3 - hardware! As girly as a lot of Spring trends are this year, I'm LOVING the mix of more masculine, "harsher" pieces mixed with the softer, more feminine trends. Grommets and hardware detailing has been in style for awhile now, and Spring has it back and better than ever! Grab a cute and comfy pair of flats adorned with studs or grommets, or my favorite, bags! Instead of going into 10 years of credit card debt for this (amazing!) Miu Miu bag, find an inexpensive, just-as-cute-without-going-broke alternative, like the one i found at TJ Maxx for $30! I absolutely LOVE it and get compliments on it wherever I go! It was well made, and i don't have to eat cereal for the rest of my life to afford it!

my favorites are the hot pink & yellow! 
Spring Trend #4 - NEON! I love wearing black and white but have you ever noticed your mood is literally 'lifted' when you wear color? Well, imagine how good you'll feel wearing this Springs gorgeous, highlighter-brights! You'll see this trend in everything, from sunglasses to hair accessories to my fave, V-neck tees! There's something so simple and effortless about throwing on a burnout tee! Needless to say this trend can perk up anyone's wardrobe! My pick's are from the Victoria's Secret PiNK collection. Only 17.50 each! 


Spring Trend #5 - jewelry Okay..I am a jewelry FANATIC. I feel naked without it. I love the way costume jewelry can change your entire look without spending a ton of money. The bonus is, if it goes out of style next month, at least you're not out a ton of hard earned cash! 

floral/rose gold/pearl necklace - F21
native American bib necklace, F21
I feel like jewelry changes your look no matter how often you wear something. I would pick jewelry as my #1 staple of your wardrobe! Forever 21 always has an incredible selection of the most on-trend jewelry at the lowest possible price point. If you live near a Forever 21, or can be patient enough to wait for it to come in the mail from their online store, I highly recommend it. However, I do not live near a F-21, and I'm impatient. Have you ever looked at the jewelry selection at Target, or even Wal-Mart!? It's incredible! This season is all about florals, nautical-inspired chunky pieces, menswear watches, and girly, feminine accessories. Leather and grommet cuffs are huge, as are native-American inspired looks.. and my personal favorite......rose-gold tone! So beautiful and rich looking! 



All in all, you DO NOT have to spend a lot of money to look fresh and hot this Spring! Most importantly..remember, whatever you wear YOU have to feel good in it. If you feel confident in your clothes, people will take notice! ..and it'll have nothing to do with how much you spent. ;) 


 *blair (; 

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment