Powered by Blogger.
RSS

Sports Chic!




As with anything in fashion, dressing for your sports team is definitely a personal choice. Although it may sound trivial, it's a way to show the world who you're cheering for while expressing your individual style at the same time! Some girls may choose to represent their sports team with just their team's jersey, and some may go the complete opposite direction and wear mini skirts and stilettos. Any interpretation is fine, as long as you're comfortable and feel confident in what you're wearing! This is just the way I choose to show love for my two favorite things in life: sports and fashion.


As a Rays, Lightning, and Colts fan, I'm lucky in that the color schemes are all very similar...blue being the predominant color in all three. If you look in my closet I have a LOT of blue, black, and white...and that's not an accident. 

As much as i LOVE pink, i generally loathe it in sports gear. I believe you should rock the actual colors of your team, not just their logo in baby pink.
But I made an exception for this shirt. I saw it and instantly loved it. To me it looks like something Victoria's Secret PiNK collection would make...if only they made NHL gear. (memo to VS: WE WANT NHL GEAR!!) Anyway. I work in a pretty casual, medical-office environment. I'm not allowed to wear jeans, but otherwise as long as you don't look like you're wearing your pajama's you're ok. I tend to wear dresses with cardigans or khaki's with polo shirts, but on a big game day I *NEED* to represent. This is an example of how I'd do it for work: layer your favorite sports tee with a dressier cardigan and cute necklace, pair with pencil skirt or work-appropriate pants and cute shoes..and voila! No one will doubt which team you want to win the big game! ;) 





When I actually attend the games, and there's no 'dress code', that's when I really have fun. My favorite is to buy player t-shirts (i just buy the men's small usually..cheaper than women's stuff typically!) and cut the neck off so it hangs off the shoulder, dancer-style. I think it instantly makes your look WAY more feminine, and personally I do not look good with a high neck t-shirt. Ick. All you need is your tee shirt and a pair of scissors - start on one side and cut right underneath the hem at the neck (cutting through both sides), and as you get to the other side, gradually increase how much you cut so that one side has more cut off than the other. Done!









a few of my favorite clip/pin flowers! :)
Also, accessorize! As you can see in the picture above, i love flower pins/clips! The one on my top above is actually a pin AND a clip for your hair..and I've used it as both! You can find these flower clips just about everywhere now, but I got most of mine at Claire's for about $5! Jewelry is great too! They make me feel girlier and add fun to your regular sports-y look! 



rocking my blue flower headband! [Ulta]
my 'cut off' shirt with flower pin


















As far as everything else, I keep it simple at sporting events. Jeans and shoes I'm able to walk long distances in. For those of you who rock the heels and/or uncomfortable shoes, I give you LOTS of credit! But for me, comfort has to be a factor. Ripped up jeans look really cute, as well as the always in fashion dark denim. Basically something I'm going to be comfortable in all day while still looking cute gets an A+ from me!

I love wearing different tennis shoes for different things. I got my black glitter Converse sneaks [$60, Journey's] for Lightning games, and get compliments on them every time I wear them to the Forum! And my blue & white plaid "bRAYSer" shoes were $27 at Payless, and when I wore them on Opening Day a lady asked me where in the Trop she could buy them! (She thought they were official Rays shoes!) I also love my camo Nike's..they're so lightweight and comfortable, I could walk in them forever!



In the end, what you wear any day is a personal choice. [be your own fashionista!] I'd love to know what you guys love wearing to cheer for your favorite teams!















  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment