Powered by Blogger.
RSS

*May Obsessions!* [and a mini 'nail file'!]

*

I know it's not quite the end of May, but I'm anxious to share [some] of my favorite products I discovered this month [or very recently] and will *definitely* be repurchasing! In this beauty-product-obsessed world we live in, i love knowing what fellow beauties/fashionista's will be using over and over! Let's get into it!


*L'Oreal 'Go 360° Clean' facial cleanser for Sensitive Skin 
 -this product has replaced my millions of different facial cleansers I purchased trying to find the right one. At about $6 it's a steal, the "scrublet" that comes with it is wonderful for makeup removal and getting your face 'deep down' clean. it's creamy and feels great on your skin and works great for occasionally-blemish-prone skin. Plus it's gentle enough to use twice a day, like I do. (and i have very sensitive skin). They also have some for "normal" skin, and an anti-acne scrub as well.

*Mary Kay 'Timewise Age Fighting Moisturizer" 
- I was skeptical about this product. A patient at my office sold Mary Kay products and I only asked what night cream she recommended, when she told me she used this morning and night. I'm a total Clinique "dramatically different" girl, have been since I was 13. But she gave me a sample and i was HOOKED. At $22, it's about $2 less than Clinique. I think I snubbed my nose at it thinking it was something my mom would have used..not exactly, "young and youthful". But who cares! I've never had skin so soft, and the dry patches I've experienced my whole life are gone!

*Bath and Body Works [specifically, 'Forever Sunshine']
-There was a time in high school where i was obsessed with all things B&BW. After awhile I felt i [literally] had all the things I wanted from them. Well, apparently times have changed. I waltzed by a B&BW store a few weeks ago and was shocked they had all new products with all new packaging and scents. And I'm in love again. I have a ZILLION new things and honestly love every single thing, but the 'Forever Sunshine' scent stands out as my favorite. B&BW explains it as "apricot, pink peonies, and a hint of praline". I just call it amazing. OH and their Triple Moisture Body Cream ($12) is outstanding. I have very dry, sensitive skin, and it leaves mine soft and smelling awesome all day!



*Urban Decay Primer Potion
-Simply stated, this is the #1 product Urban Decay sells for a reason. In my opinion, the best thing that's ever happened to eye shadows. You can use a $1 eye shadow and get amazing pigmentation and long wearing color payoff. You never know how much you need this product until you have it. At $19 (Ulta, Sephora), it's a little pricey, but the tube will last you forever (you only need a tiny dab per eye!) If you like your eyeshadow crease-free, long lasting, and beautifully pigmented, pick this up!


*Clinique All About Eyes eye cream
-an amazing eye de-puffer, also works great on dark circles (mine are extra dark- ahh genetics, gotta love 'em.) Creamy formula, claims to keep wrinkles around eyes at bay too. (hey, it's never too early to prevent them!) $32, Clinique counters, Sephora



*Maybelline Super Stay 24 Hour Foundation
-I don't always use foundation (90% of the time just concealer and powder), but when I do this has become my go-to product. Only $9.99 (Walgreens) and it truly does have some staying power. The color matches perfectly to my skin and does not break me out (definite plus). Goes on easily with a foundation brush OR your fingertips. Even better over foundation primer.....



*MakeUp Forever HD High Definition Primer [in blue]
-this product is no bargain, it was $40 at Sephora. BUT I'm pretty sure you could use this product for 10 years and you would move on before it ran out. I heard about this primer from a few different youtube 'beauty guru's' and had to give it a try. I picked up the blue shade, which claims to "give radiance to fair skin and correct minor imperfections". I'm sure any primer would work similarly but I absolutely love how smooth it goes on over my moisturizer, and how long wearing it makes my makeup. And doesn't break me out (a common theme in my favorite products)

*Conair "Bun Maker" system
-honestly, obsessed with this $5 gem (drugstores, Ulta). Comes with simply a hair tie, pins, and this mesh "donut" you add to your ponytail before making a bun for extra fullness (and awesomeness!) to your bun. Buns are very in style right now (especially the ballerina inspired top bun!) but I always felt mine was lacking a little "oomph". Well, this is a $5 investment I'm loving. Whether my hair is curly or straight, this looks great!


*Sally Hansen "Salon Effects real nail polish strips" [and nail polish in general!]
Confession: when I first saw these in stores, I hated them. And couldn't believe they were $10. I am eating my words. I bought the "girl flower" pattern (shown here) on sale at Walgreens last week and wanted to add them to just a few nails and polish the rest. Not only are these the easiest things ever, they're so cute and fun! I probably wouldn't put them on all my nails (a little too much in my opinion), but if you wanted to you could, they're SO easy! I'm loving my nails in general lately, and obsessed with collecting nail polish!


this it the color. it comes off orange in pictures?!
*bonus mini "nail file"!!* my current nail look is Orly nail lacquer in "Va Va Voom" ($8, Ulta)




  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

2 comments:

Alexandra said...

OMG, I discovered the go clean 360 a little over a year ago and loooooove it!!! And the forever sunshine scent from Bath and Body Works is awesome--Victoria's Secret has a comparable scent called G'Day Sunshine or something like that and I love it! Never leave the house without a couple of spritzes! Btw, I am in love with your blog, beautiful! :)

Damara said...

The 360 and the primer potion are already in use! The potion is amazing!

Post a Comment